Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meateaser 2011

I could go on and on about how Meatopia was really a meat heaven. I wish I could go back in time and relive the epic day. It wasn't just about the food. It was the setting and circumstances of how I found myself at Meatopia. Chillin' with the Manhattan skyline in the background... these moments just don't happen in California.

For now, here's two pictures for what I like to refer to as a "meateaser" for my one day Meatopia post followed by a Sweetopia post. Yes, there were even cupcakes and marshmallows.

Till then, rock on with ribeye.

The Meatball Shop- Spicy Lamb Sloppy Joe Slider Edition
Waterfront Ale House- Maple Cured/Smoked Wild Boar Ham and Belly 
Waterfront Ale House Smoker

Notes:

-The spicy lamb sloppy joe was not gamey and not very spicy, but it was delicious! I am actually a fan of  all things Meatball Shop.

-The sandwich from Waterfront Ale House was very good. Their mustard and pickles were homemade and gave a nice balance to the boar ham. The accompanying potato salad was excellent. While I was trying to just sample and not fill up, I actually killed all that potato salad. It was just too good to gloss over. Owner Sam Barbieri is a very friendly guy. He walked us through the smoker and wanted to chat for quite a bit. Needless to say, he's charismatic! I also found it amusing his chef uniform was labeled, "Fuhgeddaboutit". Very New York.

Meatopia 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment