Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sourdough San Francisco

Sourdough bread is a staple of San Francisco and when I think about sourdough, I think of Boudin.

It would be a crime to visit Boudin and not get the sourdough bread bowl. The sourdough bread roll is carved out into a bowl and clam chowder soup is poured into it. The bread does not get soggy or wilt. It holds up strong and after finishing your soup, you can eat it! It is good! I've had many a lunch breaks in San Francisco when I worked in the Financial District where I took a moment to really enjoy my city and it's uniqueness.

On a recent visit, I bragged about Boudin to my friend. Okay, let's just say I was a tad bit obsessed about seeing and showing off it off. We stopped by the Fisherman's Wharf location where they have the bread bakery and took a gander at all the bread shapes. I have never seen anything cuter. Plus they're all edible. Get in my belly! The Fisherman's Wharf location also has a Boudin Museum and a weekly event on Thursdays called Breakfast with the Bakers. It's seasonal but for $6 you can enjoy some light breakfast treats and learn something about sourdough bread from the head bakers of Boudin.

The Flagship Location
All the different kinds of breads.
Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread Bowl
The Boudin Bread Bakery
Fish and Lobster
Turtle
Crab
My favorite- the Teddy Bear
Photography Credits: Frencel Tingga, Roxwriting

Boudin
160 Jefferson St.
San Francisco, CA 94133

No comments:

Post a Comment